Are you looking to update your kitchen cabinets?
Have you considered painting the cabinets, but are concerned about durability and how they'll look?
Would you like to feel like a hero simply by transforming the look of your kitchen cabinets without the great expense of refacing or replacing them?
At Aspen Painting, we specialize in refinishing kitchen cabinets to give you a beautiful finish that provides durability and a factory-finished appearance.
Why Aspen Painting?
Many professional painters will apply a coat or two of traditional house paint to your cabinets and call it a day. At Aspen Painting, our process is much more thorough than that.
We thoroughly clean the cabinets to remove oils and other surface contaminants that can cause poor adhesion of the new coatings. We use specially formulated primers to bond to the surface which promote durability of the finish paints applied to your cabinets. We use acrylic polyurethane finish coats for durability against scuffs, scratches, and physical wear. Aspen Painting uses fine finish spray equipment to produce a factory-like finish.
The Aspen Way
- Remove the cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
- Mask off all areas and cabinet boxes to prepare for painting.
- Remove door and drawer hardware.
- Clean all doors, drawers, and cabinet boxes to remove any surface contaminants from the surface that may affect adhesion of new coatings.
- SVC (Sand, Vac, Clean)
- Scuff sand all surfaces to aid in the adhesion of new coatings.
- Vacuum sanding dust from the surfaces.
- Clean the surface with a microfiber cloth to remove super-fine dust.
- Apply 1 or 2 coats of Bonding
- SVC between and/or after primer coat/s.
- Apply the first coat of Acrylic Polyurethane finish.
SVC between finish coats.
- Apply the final coat of Acrylic
- Polyurethane finish.
- Reinstall hardware, rehang doors and install drawer fronts.
A word about spray equipment
Many painters may tout using a sprayer to paint your cabinets. BEWARE, just like painters, all sprayers are NOT equal either!
There are many types of sprayers on the market and the quality varies greatly. Only high quality sprayers produce high quality, factory-like finish results.
Aspen Painting uses high quality, fine finish spray equipment to produce the level of quality finish you deserve. You’ll also feel a sense of pride when your family and friends comment on your beautiful cabinets. Plus, you’ll feel like a hero!
What is the Average Investment for Residential Cabinet Painting?
There are many cost factors that must be determined for each cabinet painting project. Here are some factors that are taken into consideration:
- The type/style of cabinets being painted.
- The condition of the cabinets, and how much prep they will need to be ready for paint.
- The number of cabinets and drawers.
The color selection and the number of coats required for proper coverage and sheen.
- Are there doors with glass panes?
- Is there exposed shelving and/or built-in wine racks?
Because there are so many variables, we recommend an on-site visit so we can give you an accurate estimate of what your investment will be.
Here is a quick way to get an idea of what the investment might be for painting your cabinets:
- Count the number of units (doors and drawers including any fixed panel cabinet or drawer fronts).
- Multiply the number of units by $130.
The size of the doors and drawers is not a factor for the purpose of this calculation. We’re just giving you a general idea of the investment. The cost is averaged out on the investment of the entire project.
The investment per unit can range from $120 to $145+, depending on some of the factors mentioned above.